Home | Diary | Images | Fish Quay |Map |Tyne Brand |Oral History | Resources | Tyne Lives

 

The _______ at the mouth of the Tyne were dangerous to shipping. To help the _______ it was decided to erect a building that had ______ to guide the boats.

The first Low _________ was built in 1540 on the left bank of the Pow Burn. The High Light was built on the other _____ of the burn. These were later replaced with the ‘Old High Beacon', which was _______ in 1727. This building was _________ by the High and Low Lights in 1802.

   
Back | Answers