Home | History| Memoirs | News | Lisle Family | Today | Additional Information | Quiz | Acknowledgements | Resources | Tyne Lives

 

The Cullercoat's Quiz

1. When was the Dove Marine Laboratory opened

1808

1888

1908

 

2. Beverley Terrace was built on a

Ballast Hill

Strawberry Hill

Nautical Hill

 

3. The Bay Hotel was originally called The Hudlestone Arms

True

False

 

4. James Knott was a shipbroker, shipowner and Borough Councillor

True

False

 

5. Lieutenant Brian J Huthwaite Adamson was lost without trace with his ship...

HMS Wasp

HMS Bee

HMS Hornet

 

6. The Watch House was used by Fisherfolk to

Store their fish in the winter

Watch for their family to return from fishing

Watch the television to pass the time

 

7. The Fisherman's Mission was built in its' entirety by

The Cullercoats people

Cullercoats Basalt

Cullercoats Granite

 

8. Monks Haven is where Cullercoat's Pilot Beacons are located

True

False

 

9. Cliff House is located

On the beach

Next to St George's Church

In the oldest part of Cullercoats

 

10. St George's Parish Church was consecrated in the

1700s

1800s

1900s

To see which questions you answered incorrectly, scroll down the page.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Top^ | Home

 

 

Copyright © North Tyneside Libraries 2007-8